Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indexer PP issue

Hybrid View

My red window does not have those check boxes, it is just as you see it in the video, even when there is no program called up.
    I do have the value set at 5 axis.

The PP has the C9 command at the start of the file and again at the tool change.
    I assume I eliminate them both?

Since I do not have a tool changer, at a tool change presently the program asks to change the tool manually and allows me to zero the new tool before proceeding.
    Will eliminating C9 mean that I no longer can use multiple tools in a part program?

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    What do you have as the "home" point for the cut file? If the central axis (the one that doesn't move) home coordinate isn't at zero, then weird stuff happens with the rotational axis.

Why are you using both A and B axis? When I use the indexer, the B axis is always zero. Only the A axis (the indexer) has values that change.

There is no option to select either the A or B.
    When I change from 3 to 5 axis as the instructions dictate, both A and B show up.
    According to Tech, the A is not used.

Not sure what you are referring to as home for the cut file.
    I set all 3 axis to zero before I initiate the program, and as you can see it changes itself.
    In this case, I have a point on the machine where I zero the Z, then move it to my Z axis zero point that is a known distance from the fixed point on my machine, then re-zero the Z so that Z Zero is on the center axis.
    Reason I used the axis instead of material surface is because my stock varies in diameter.
    Note that this happens even when I zero to material surface.
    Note that the A and B will set themselves to whatever the Z happens to be. The .5 that it goes to happens to be the safe Z that the software is set to. If the Z happens to be 2 inches, for example, the AB will change to 2 inches.
    I installed the PP from a non-tool change machine given to me by the tech and that did not fix the issue.

Another note...when I have the control software set to 3 axis, the Z will still retract random distances when the program is initialized.