Thread: Had to change my customer agreement

Default Had to change my customer agreement

Really a strange circumstance made me change my customer agreement. I always take a few snaps of my finished work, print them out, and stick them in a binder so when a new customer comes in I can show the types of things I can make. No big deal right? Well I just had a customer that was upset that I took some snaps of her mantle piece and asked me to destroy the files. No big deal but it now clearly states on my customer agreement I have the right to take the snaps! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Yes. If you are not doing some super secret, proprietary, national or internationally significant project.... the customer has no reason to demand that you can not keep a scrap book of your work! Crazy. It's not like she designed the wheel and wants to patent it from her prototype!

Was it installed or in the shop? I have never had an issue with a customer like that some even send me
    pictures. Have had many other wacky customer experiences though.

"other wacky customer experiences" Exactly. I am rural so a lot of times I email them a pix before they come to pick it up! Takes all kinds I guess. Tnx for the reply's, I appreciate it. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Thumbs up Hey Russ

Quote Originally Posted by chiloquinruss View Post
    "other wacky customer experiences" Exactly. I am rural so a lot of times I email them a pix before they come to pick it up! Takes all kinds I guess. Tnx for the reply's, I appreciate it. Russ
    Hey Russ these snowflake Americans need to get a life. Keep
    snaping pics.

The way I look at it, if it's in my shop and has not been fully paid for. It's still mine and I can take as many pictures as I want.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.