Thread: cutting 1.5" pucks

Default cutting 1.5" pucks

getting ready to cut 160 1.5" pucks and an trying to figure out the most efficient way. cutting one circle at a time vs creating a continuous vector.
    also when creating said vector how do I avoid the little nibs on the sides
    "The most valuable tool I have is the experience of others" - Me

Didn't mention what software you're using, but try using a spiral ramp, and if needed, an approach/depart to the profile. Might just need a depart. If you need a good clean finished edge along with a fast cut out, then you'll need a full depth clean up pass that takes off say 0.015 -0.020. For the spiral ramp, be sure to set your plunge rate the same as your feed rate.
    Scott

Sorry V-carve Pro, I'm not so worried about the finish, cleaner is better but they are just spacers. my concern is even using a spiral ramp the machine is going to cut one circle, raise, reposition, repeat. It seams I could save alot of time creating a vector that wouls snake the bit up and down the lenght of my board but honestly dont know if i am overthinking it
    "The most valuable tool I have is the experience of others" - Me

The bit has to pull up to go to the next puck unless you're going to just plow full depth from one to the other. Just use a fast spiral ramp and a low clearance height to minimize the time required to raise and lower the z between pucks.
    Scott