Thread: New to Shopbot, need some info PLEASE

Default New to Shopbot, need some info PLEASE

hello all.

we just acquired an older (circa 2005) 4'X8' PRT alpha. it does have an incredibly old PC running parts wizard 2 and the shopbot control software. this thing is incredibly slow, and who knows how long it'll work for.......

We have the parts wizard 2 disc, but it will not install on windows 10 even in compatibility mode.

can someone clue me in on what i would need to do to upgrade to a windows 10 PC? what software can i replace parts wizard with?

i do have Corel Technical suite 2019 that i can design in, so i am thinking i just need something to create the tool paths and send the file to the router?

Look into the various products from Vectric. If you really want to try using Parts Wiz (can't imagine why ;-), you could set up a virtual machine running Windows XP using VirtualBox.

SB3 will run on Win10, but be sure you configure it properly. A search of the forum should get you that info instead of rehashing it here.
    Last edited by srwtlc; 03-24-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    Scott

Not sure if it helps, but this is my tidbit of knowledge on a similar topic.

We have an older 16bit software system at work, and one problem I have had is the 64 bit computers will not run it. You can run 16 on a 32 bit, and 32 on a 64 bit. But a 16 bit program won't run on a 64. Unfortunately all of the newer CAD software only runs on 64.

Now I have 2 computers. One for handling the older stuff and a Cadillac (yard sale find) for the new CAD.