Thread: what is it worth

Default what is it worth

local company interested in buying our 4x8 shopbot prs alpha with aspire. 3.504 (version 10 out now)with v carve pro, 2.2 spindle, drum dust collector, older computer and what ever bits we have.i was thinking it is worth $5,900. does that sound right?it has reset problem. i think it is the pendent. sometimes resets sometimes does not.i did the tests with multi meter and everything passed except i think the pendent. but not a expert. i think the router is about 15 years old not sure. mostly used for signfoam and color core with 1/4'' bit.thanks for any input.

I think that is a little low. I would start at $11,000 and come down to $10,500 for all that.

It's likely a PRT seeing as how it's 15 years old (at least the router is). A picture would answer that question.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

"signfoam and color core" Sounds like it should be in really great shape! That stuff cuts like butta! My machine is that old and I certainly wouldn't sell it that cheap, I like the 10 to 11 k suggestion and let them dicker ya' down some. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    It's likely a PRT seeing as how it's 15 years old (at least the router is). A picture would answer that question.
    I have seen this unit and it is a PRS

Well, without more information, a valuation is variable. Important stuff such as the date of manufacture, pictures of the control box and unit itself and the Z height would be useful.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Completely agree with the above. There are so many potential variations that without good data and photos, there is too much left to ponder.