Thread: reset error

Default reset error

Stop button is on?
    the remote stop button connected to input #4 appears to be on
    and needs to be checked.

we keep hitting reset and here a click in control box. the router will sometimes
    run then just shuts down.
    i need to do some continuity tests but struggle with understanding it all.
    has anyone else had this problem and found the solution?

Yes… in my case it’s obviously an issue with one of the microswitches inside the E-stop housing. I’ve been unable to find replacements, so that means replacing the entire assembly. I’ve been too busy (or lazy) to research what I need and bypassed it… not a smart move because keyboard commands to “STOP” seem to be mere suggestions.

SG

From the statement above it sounds like the E-stop button functions quicker than a "STOP" command from the keyboard. If that's true, it would be a wise investment, because my space bar takes about 2 or 3 seconds to shut things down. Is this an accurate assessment?

Default Stop button

Quote Originally Posted by Postman View Post
    From the statement above it sounds like the E-stop button functions quicker than a "STOP" command from the keyboard. If that's true, it would be a wise investment, because my space bar takes about 2 or 3 seconds to shut things down. Is this an accurate assessment?
    Yes, my space bar stopping is about 3 sec. behind the stopping FYI JERRY

I’m not a programmer, but it seems like a keyboard “STOP” command is put in line behind anything else already sent to the processer. Even when it was working properly, I was hesitant to use the E-stop because you loose X,Y and Z location and program location.

SG

Open up the E-stop, blow out any dust, spray a good amount of contact cleaner in it and blow dry, check and tighten connections, reassemble and try it again.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by steve_g View Post
    Yes… in my case it’s obviously an issue with one of the microswitches inside the E-stop housing. I’ve been unable to find replacements, so that means replacing the entire assembly. I’ve been too busy (or lazy) to research what I need and bypassed it… not a smart move because keyboard commands to “STOP” seem to be mere suggestions.

SG
    Love that:

"keyboard commands to "STOP" seem to be mere suggestions" to stop.

You're right about that!
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcw View Post
    Love that:

"keyboard commands to "STOP" seem to be mere suggestions" to stop.

You're right about that!
    +1 to that.
    I keep waiting for the "Are you sure" pop up to appear before it stops when you hit the spacebar.

>> "keyboard commands to "STOP" seem to be mere suggestions to stop."

That seems to be a good explanation.

I'm no expert in the SB internals but from my experience, the stop command (space bar) is simply dropped into the top of the queue for execution. So if the executing command is jogging 50 inches, the only way to get it to stop moving is to hit the big red button. Once the command is complete, the space bar stop will be executed. Potentially, a little late.

The good news is that if the job is rapidly executing code lines, the space bar stop is quite effective.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool