Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homemade Black Box type Vac system

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_stanek View Post
    I like the idea of valves and 4 motors for 1 chamber with switches to run 1 2 3 or all 4 motors sometime I need more suction for 1 or 2 zones.
    This won't work. I have two motors in one chamber on my old system. The vacuum created by the running motors will cause the un-powered motors to spin backwards, allowing air in that way as a result. One motor per chamber is the way to go, IMHO.

Okay, thanks for the input I will make sure I do that.

I've got two chambers and 4 motors. Has been working for many years (at least 9-10 years). Original design from Gary Campbell. Holds anything I want to cut. My issue is I live at 2500' altitude and the vacuum I pull is not comparable to folks at a lower altitude. But I've not had anything slip because of lack of vacuum. When cutting smaller parts, I switch on the last two motors. Each motor has it's own switch to turn it on and off.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.