Thread: Windows 10 upgrade and a problem

Default Windows 10 upgrade and a problem

I had the video card in my ancient (Windows XP) control machine die and figured it was past time to upgrade the machine rather than try to find a replacement video card.

I re-installed Windows 10 on a recently retired desktop machine. Boy, was THAT a pain in the rear end! I finally got it up and running, removed all the unneeded junk that got installed, and loaded my SB3 software. Then I took it for a drive (in Preview mode).

Most things seem to be working fine, but... one routine I developed and used on the old machine doesn't work any more. At the end of that routine (the .sbp file) I put in some user input capability to allow me to repeat with some adjustment to cutting depths. On the new machine, when it hits that point I see the keystroke repeated but the logic that follows (after I hit Enter) is not working.

Anyone had this happen in an upgrade to Windows 10? What did I miss?

Rick

Rick,

How did you do the upgrade? Did you do a clean install or an "upgrade" of the previous version of Windows? I've always been suspect of "upgrading" an older version of an operating software and though it is time consuming, I start with a clean slate and then reinstall my programs.

I recently replaced my laptop with a mini computer and a fresh complete install of Win 10. There were issues getting the Sb3 drivers installed but once I researched some tweaks [which I compiled in a PDF] in Win 10, Sb3 installed and was up and running. First project was three days of cutting double sided sheets of poly with toolpaths that have been manually altered with sub-routines. They all worked flawlessly.

Bill

Bill,

I used the 'Fresh Install" option in the Windows Update area. Hard to say if it truly is a fresh install.

Rick