Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any problems with 3.6.46 control software?

Ya, it's going to be a keyboard problem. I suggest buying a wireless keyboard. They are a lot easier to use around the machine.

I'm still on the original version of the SB software (3.6.something) that I got with the machine in 2013. It works flawlessly for me so I'm sticking with it forever.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Well, keyboard was not the problem. Tried a new keyboard last night and the problem still appeared. Everything went well for two hours. I was done for the night and when I closed down the control software, I got an error message that the control software had to shutdown. This was after I had already clicked on closing it. After it closed and I cleared the error message, I opened the software back up and that's when the problem showed up.

Shopbot support wants me to uninstall and install the software a second time, but do a computer shutdown between the two. If that doesn't cure it, I may just have to switch computers.
    PRT Alpha with 7.2 upgrade, indexer, and PC router

You probably need a replacement computer. Weird problem though. If you've got another computer you can try, I suggest doing that before throwing the baby out with the bathwater. If you do need a new computer, I suggest getting one of those inexpensive "rebuild" eBay computers for about $150. That's what I did. I got one with an SSD and 4 gigs of ram for a whopping $150. I specified W7 too. All's well after a couple of years of using this cheapo.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool