Quote Originally Posted by EricSchimel View Post
My opinion: An ATC machine isn't an ATC machine without a working spindle. A CNC without a working spindle isn't really a CNC. Not too many people like to buy other people's projects.

I'm personally weary of anything used for sale that says "All it needs is X or Y" I always think to myself "If it was so easy, why didn't you do it"

That's all to say that you'll have a much better time selling it if it's fully working. If you're really strapped for cash you could pull the tool rack off of it and put a single tool spindle on it for cheap and still sell it at a good price.
I dunno... I just bought a 22" Craftsman self propelled mower today for $40.00. It's in great shape and started on the first pull.

The previous owner had hit a rock or something and seriously bent the blade.

After a trip to Lowes and purchasing a $18.00 blade I have a pretty damn nice mower.

Of course, it was a $40.00 gamble on my part, since I couldn't start it up before buying it. But after looking at it I felt good enough about the "project" to take the chance.

That being said.

Selling it as a project, you will take pretty big hit on the price.

There's a reason people paint their houses, fix the gutters, and get new granite counter tops before selling.