Thread: Recommendations for Gasket material

Default Recommendations for Gasket material

I am sure there are quite a few of you out there that have long time experience with gasket and what you found works best for you. Could you please share your thoughts? Thank yous987628238529708_p143_i4_w1280.jpgs987628238529708_p864_i9_w1280.jpg

Neither one of those. Much too thick, unless you're trying to hold down corrugated material. I suppose, if you're dropping it into a groove and need to reach back up out of that trench, but that's usually more work than necessary, and doesn't promote the greatest of hold.
    Idea is to get your work piece almost dead flat to table, with just enough of the rubber stuff to pack the pores around the perimeter.
    More things to consider: must be closed cel foam. Ability of your work piece to hold vacuum will vary greatly.
    EG: red oak will bleed a lot more than maple, if it's lumber you're processing.

Here's the best stuff from an outstanding vendor:

https://www.veneersupplies.com/produ...116-x-150.html

Also note, they have 1/8" thick as well, if you need it, but 1/16" is the best, if you can establish a good seal with a fairly tight-grained material.

Look at it this way, the thicker your gasket is, the more it is suspending your work on a wiggly rubber perimeter. A firm, airtight grip is the goal.

Jeff

vacuumbed-tclamps_orig.jpg

What about for tables like this?

Haven't dealt with them for years(since I stopped production mode), but VERY knowledgeable and helpful people and were highly recommended to me by people I respect.
    https://www.allstarcnc.com/
    Worth a look or a call anyways.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

That’s similar to my table. I use round weatherstripping from Home Depot - cheap and works great.