Thread: SB 3 doing something weird

Default SB 3 doing something weird

Today I used my Shopbot for the first time in months. It surfaced the table just fine but I need to move the head and it move real slow and didn't go what I told it to I looked at my values and they were way off. I put the correct ones in and tried to move it and it didn't move correctly I went into setup and it was showing my machine as a Alpha but I have a standard. I had to reset all my settings. I never had that happen before.

I've had very weird things happen to my machine over the weekend. I turn it off Friday afternoon after using it for 8 hours. It goes to sleep until Monday morning after successful shut down. Monday morning it acts very strange. Personally I think it's values getting corrupted during the shut down process. Can't isolate it or pin it down but I really don't think machine settings are getting altered when the CNC and the control computer are turned off from 6pm Friday until 8am Monday.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

I've had this happen too. What I did is screenshot every one of those values and settings screens so that I can quickly check if they are whacked out.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

The weird part was it showed as a Alpha and I could not change it. I had to reset every thing