Thread: A couple of signs to revive this section

Default A couple of signs to revive this section

It's been a while since anyone has posted in the sign section. Anybody else still making signs with their Shopbot on a regular basis? For me, this has been the majority of my business. Even with Covid, last year was my highest grossing year by far since I started over 12 years ago. Here are a couple of signs that I did last year using 20lb Duna HDU.

The Sports Complex sign is all one piece with the background carved away. The baseball and soccer ball are in 3D using the models from Vectric.

The other sign was made by cutting out all the letters and graphics from HDU and then those were painted. I then created shallow pockets on the white background piece of HDU to match the letters and graphics. I then glued on the letters and graphics inside the pockets using PB Bond 240 from Coastal Enterprises. This sign is 4' x 8' and I made 3 identical signs like this one and installed along the 3 main entrances to the town.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PRT Alpha with 7.2 upgrade, indexer, and PC router

Nice looking signs.... How did you mount the white part of the sign to the post?

It's been a while since there has been much of anything other than people looking to sell there machine. I used to check in every day. I very much enjoyed seeing what people are doing, I often find inspiration. Lately I've been checking in no more often than once a week.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by firechief View Post
    Nice looking signs.... How did you mount the white part of the sign to the post?
    I routed in a dovetailed groove in the HDU then glued in 1/2" thick MDO with a matching dovetail profile. I put a pair of horizontal pressure treated 2x4s between the posts. Then I screwed through the 2x4s into the MDO.
    PRT Alpha with 7.2 upgrade, indexer, and PC router