Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embarrassing Moments

I'd have responded sooner, but I've been looking for my glasses all day. Which, of course, were hanging in my shirt collar.

jeff

Dick....You'll have visit my shop so we can go over the finer points!
    Nice to see you lurking on the forum Dick!

Jeff...trying to find my glass....WITHOUT having my glasses on usually winds up using a strong flashlight and looking for "glints" of reflection.
    I TRY to keep them in one of 4 spots....but being nearsighted, I take them off everytime I want a close look at something....
    and then it's the old game of "Were the heck was the last place I used them"
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

...but being nearsighted, I take them off everytime I want a close look at something....
    Precisely my condition and resultant behavior.
    I guess loosing our faculties as we age is nature's cruel lesson; enjoy what you got, while you got it, 'cause it will be going away. Eventually. If I remember correctly...()!

jeff

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Dick....You'll have visit my shop so we can go over the finer points!
    Nice to see you lurking on the forum Dick!

Jeff...trying to find my glass....WITHOUT having my glasses on usually winds up using a strong flashlight and looking for "glints" of reflection.
    I TRY to keep them in one of 4 spots....but being nearsighted, I take them off everytime I want a close look at something....
    Ok, my thought for the day: Why is it that when you are looking for something it’s the last place you look that you find it? Why can’t it be the first place you look?

Ooh Ooh....................... I Know that one
    As soon as you find it, THAT'S the last place you looked (even if it was the first place).

What I like for a time waster, is hunting for something that simply isn't there!
    Mom got into crafts a few years ago, and needed some kind of plier.....Didn't know what would be best for her use, so gave her several jewelry pliers,
    BUT I needed the rest back SOON.
    She chose a reverse springed(let handle go and it stays clamped) fine needlenose useful for shop/leather/lapidary/general use. (I've forgotten to buy a new pair).
    A couple times now I've searched shop/leather area/jewelry area/sewing area/electrical tackle box/kitchen junk draw/etc. SEVERAL times....
    Before I remember I don't HAVE them.

Also happens on "borrowed" tools,worn out/broken tools, etc.

Bright side is...sometimes you find tools and object while searching you forgot you HAD!
    DEFINITE plus is that you're alive long enough to BE Older!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default special jig

Have you ever made a special jig to hold something or do something and then forgot what it is for???

So you then decide you cannot ever throw it away ???

I have a few of those...
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

The only REAL advantage of OUR collective problems is that we all get to hide our own Easter Eggs! I'm still a little red faced but have really enjoyed finding out I'm not alone! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy