Thread: Wanted: V carve

Default Wanted: V carve

Looking for a computer with vcarve loaded on it. Thought the machine I bought had it but turns out not. Looking to get it but figured I’d see if anyone on here is ready to part with a version. Thanks

https://www.vectric.com/products/vcarve-desktop For $349 you can get a registered version with $2K worth of clipart and put the $$ toward an upgrade if you want to down the road.

Thanks for the option but unfortunately looks like that’s only for 24x24inch projects. I’m working with full size.

I believe what you're trying to do is violate the terms and conditions from Vectric. That's really not too cool. If you're too cheap to pay Vectric their just rewards, then you should find a product that suits your budget and not try to cheat a good company.

From Vetric's site: (https://www.vectric.com/terms)

(4.3) The rights to the Software cannot be transferred, assigned, lent, loaned or licensed to a third party in any case, regardless of whether this Agreement has been terminated or cancelled.

If you want to play, you have to pay. Just get the full version.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

I recently was negotiating with a guy for an Aspire license. My day job is software engineering so I don't condone piracy. I contacted Vectric and was told the original license holder can contact Vectric and pay a $50 license transfer fee to legally do this. The new license holder would be responsible for paying any upgrade fees.

A new VCarve Pro license is $650 (which is well with it) so negotiating a price, paying the transfer fee and then a $100 upgrade fee may not be worth the trouble.

I'm sure you have honorable intentions or you wouldn't have posted publicly, and as noted above Vectric has a very fair transfer policy.

Be aware though that if the original owner has used their copy of VCarve to upgrade to a newer version of VCarve or to Aspire, the license for the earlier copy of VCarve most likely can't be transfered. If you find someone willing to sell you their copy it might be a good idea to contact Vectric with the license number and make sure it's actually transferable.

Bill

Vectric requires the original license holder email them so Vectric can ensure the license is transferable. If transferable Vectric will invoice the old licensee the transfer fee.

I'm sure there are cases where the license would not be transferable such as OEM licenses through other companies