Thread: z zero plate not working

Default z zero plate not working

I went to zzero my bit and noticed the 1 input wasnt working. So i cut the end of the wire figuring it may have just bent and broke there. Hooked it back up and still nothing. Any idea on where to look first?

The reason i noticed the 1 input wasnt working is because i did the C2 routine and it didnt stop and broke the bit. Lets be real. Not doing that again anytime soon.

Hey Collin,

Check the other end of the cable where it connects to the control board to see if it's loose/disconnected and also check for continuity from end to end. The cable could have a break somewhere between the ends. You should be able to touch the plate to ground and see the input 1 led on screen light up (at any time). Was it a special coated tool (non conductive)?
    Scott

I had the same happen to me once years ago. I had a lose wire and fixed it easy. However, after having the issue I did always get in the habit of test the input manual by simply touching the plate to the tool and look on the screen for the input to read. Then I would run the routine.

Make sure your ground is working I was having intermittent problems and it was a bad ground. I grounded it better and now works fine the ground on the inputs was a little iffy