Thread: Spindle fan not runnning

Default Spindle fan not runnning

The spindle fan has stopped running. It spins free. I've powered off the VFD and back on, didn't change. The spindle works fine. I don't see a way the plug/connector comes apart to check for a loose wire.

PRSalpha mid 2000's
    Tracy Spitulski
    KenCraft Co Inc.
    PRSa 6096
    www.kencraftcompany.com
    Hardwood Lumber, Custom Millwork
    Dust Collector Fittings

Tracy,
    Not terribly unusual - from past posts, I understand it's almost inevitable. Also recall replacement not too complicated - I'd contact Shopbot support to see if they can help or direct you to manufacturer for parts.

jeff

Yes, the fans do go bad. When I had my 2.2hp spindle I went thru 3 fans in 10 years. Since upgrading to the ATC and 5.5hp spindle, I figure a new fan about every 3-4 years. But I do run my A LOT. Might want to build it into your maintenance budget.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Years ago- on this forum- there were specific instructions as to which fan one could/should buy to install on the spindle. Cheap. Simple. Easy. Don't go running your spindle without one! Unless you would like to spend some $ on another spindle!!