Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Sale still new in the crate 2004 PRT 4' x 8' with 5 hp Columbo Spiindle 3 phase

Yes they are but it costs as much to replace them as a new spindle. they are not user replaceable

Just wanted to add that this is the PRT Alpha model. I'll call a couple of spindle maintenance/rebuild shops next week and inquire about the spindle router bearings, etc. Thanks. I guess I could think about keeping it and converting it to a plasma cutter down the road.

I bought a spare spindle years ago, because I was told that mine was noisy and would fail on me... I kept the replacement spindle in my shop for maybe 3-4 years before installing. It is installed and trammed and running. It has been in for 1+ years.... no worries. I can hear it when I am first starting it up. After a second or two, you can't hear anything but a hum. Don't get worried about the spindle until you need to worry about the spindle. Fear is an enemy. Find out. Deal with it and move forward. (If you are curious about its condition, go spin the spindle by hand. If it is loose and feels smooth- QUIT worrying about it!) Life is too short for needless worry- and this could well be needless worry. A columbo spindle rarely fails.

Quote Originally Posted by oldworld124 View Post
    Just wanted to add that this is the PRT Alpha model. I'll call a couple of spindle maintenance/rebuild shops next week and inquire about the spindle router bearings, etc. Thanks. I guess I could think about keeping it and converting it to a plasma cutter down the road.
    Message Sent

Default Offer

Offering 4,000.00 cash