Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale still new in the crate 2004 PRT 4' x 8' with 5 hp Columbo Spiindle 3 phase

Default For Sale still new in the crate 2004 PRT 4' x 8' with 5 hp Columbo Spiindle 3 phase

Am selling a new in the crate shopbot PRT 2004. It is a 3 phase model with a Columbo 5 hp spindle motor. Comes with the controller box and VFD. Has the vacuum fittings. No vacuum. Has always been in dry storage. Everything is in like new condition.
    Have not had space to set it up, so finally decided it is best to let it go to someone who can use it.

Am in the Boise, Idaho area.

Asking $10,000
    Attached Images Attached Images

I seriously doubt you're going to find a collector of old CNC machines that is willing to pay $10k for an antique.

I suggest selling it for $2000. You'd be lucky to get that. Maybe you should have tried selling it 10 years ago.

What a waste.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

I disagree, the drive system and the spindle alone can command a pretty solid price.

If it is only worth $2k, then that 2013 PRS Alpha is worth maybe $5k!

I think it's amazing!
    I am not in the market for a machine but I wish you the best with the sale. Somebody is going to enjoy it!

All the best!

It's worth what someone is willing to pay. Not everyone, only one person.

I'm not smart enough to know at what price it will sell. But if you want to sell it and get no offers, then it is time to start reducing the price till it sells.

Good Luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyFirstBuild View Post
    If it is only worth $2k, then that 2013 PRS Alpha is worth maybe $5k!
    That may be true but to me, my machine is priceless and has been in use consistently since it was taken out of the crate in 2013.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

When I bought my new in box 4 year old shopbot with a spindle they told me the spindle may not last long as they should be rotated when stored for a time. The grease settles and dries the bearings out.

Figured as much. I run and maintain a 2014 PRS Alpha 96-60-8 5hp ATC, 6" indexer with Aspire and Fusion 360 almost daily since new, great machine.

I have ran probably thousands of sheets of plywood, acrylic, polycarbonate, and hardwoods aluminum and even stainless steel on that machine and it still performs as good as new!

Just bought a used "antique" off of this forum several weeks ago and working on getting it set up and be as accurate as the PRS Alpha.

Ultimately I will have to fabricate new endplates, and mounts for the 7.2 motors I will need, but I work at a Makerspace with a laser and waterjet, so no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_stanek View Post
    When I bought my new in box 4 year old shopbot with a spindle they told me the spindle may not last long as they should be rotated when stored for a time. The grease settles and dries the bearings out.
    Are the bearings not replaceable? If so, putting in a new set before even trying to start up may be a solution. Dunno