Thread: The newest vectric newsletter featured a "turtle box"

Hybrid View

Default The newest vectric newsletter featured a "turtle box"

The attached file is in crv3d format. Can I run that file using VCarve Pro?

You won't be able to open the .crv3d file with VCP, only Aspire. There's no reason that Vectric couldn't make each of the parts of the model into .v3m clipart that could then be able to be imported into VCP. That way VCP users could do these projects as well.
    Scott

Bummer. Our new pastor has a pet box turtle and I was looking forward to making it as a gift to her.

Oh well, I guess they do what they do to sell more copies of Aspire??????

Dunno

Yeah, kind of silly. Post a comment on their video for this project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuo3Ou8YwJk
    Scott

Just did. Hope it helps. Thanks for the heads up.

VCP users… don’t let Michael Tyler's project for Aspire users dampen your enthusiasm for making your own version of a Box Turtle box!

VCP is a powerful design software package in it’s own right! The only thing you can’t do is model a 2.5D file from scratch… and there are plenty of turtle files out there for sale very reasonably!

My personal opinion is that V carved details would make just as big an impression as 3D at a fraction of the machine time. An important consideration if you’re designing something you’d like to market…

Here’s a rendering I did very quickly as one possible way to make your own box…

Now, I’d like to see someone carve a turtle box with the lid a full blown 3-D turtle shell!

SG
    Attached Images Attached Images