All,

I have gotten some components from ShopBot and am widening my table from a 5' to a 6' table. I will now have a 6' x 10' layout.

What I could use some suggestions on is how to set up the underlayment and the spoilboard. The largest sheets of plywood I can get locally are going to either be 5 x 5' in Baltic Birch, or 4 x 8' in standard ply materials. Anyone know of anything else available for the first layer???

Plenum:I don't use vacuum, so I don't have to plan for that. However, for stability purposes, I probably want to run a three layer stack. so I am still thinking two layers on top of the base layer.

Locally I can get MDF in 5' x 10', so I could potentially lay a 5' x 10' and a 1' x 10' to get a complete layer, and then flip the orientation for the next layer's seam to the other side of the table, so that the seams do not occur in the same line.

Alternately, I could start with 4 x 8' sheets and orient them long-dimension across the end of the machine (6' width), and use two 4'x6' sheet sections and a 2' x 6' section to reach the full 6 x 10, and then probably use the 5 x 10' MDF layers as described above to make my bed and spoilboard scheme.

Do any of you wise ones have an alternate idea on this?

Thanks for your thought on this.

Monty