Thread: General vacuum question

Default General vacuum question

My machine is a 4x8 prs standard, and for vacuum im running 2 vacuubes. Right now they are directly under my table, one on each side. I am going to be moving my table to another location soon, and was hoping to pipe the vacuubes through the wall and away from the machine to cut down noise. If I hard pipe them with pvc will I lose vacuum and/or cfm by having a longer run or will it not make a difference?

You will loose some due to friction, but if your PVC run isn't too long it should be ok. I run 3" main piping necked down to 2" at each zone. The thing that will hit you the most is putting curves into the piping run. This will cut your air flow more than a straight run of PVC. So plan your layout accordingly.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcw View Post
    You will loose some due to friction, but if your PVC run isn't too long it should be ok. I run 3" main piping necked down to 2" at each zone. The thing that will hit you the most is putting curves into the piping run. This will cut your air flow more than a straight run of PVC. So plan your layout accordingly.
    awesome thank you!