Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Crumley

I was thinking of Joe a couple days ago- I think he was 70yo in 2010 so just a bit older than I- see ya soon Joe.

Rest peacefully Joe. I loved your posts. I never had the privilege of meeting you in person, but learned a lot from you.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

I'm still trying to use up all the post holes that I got from him RIP Joe

Default Joe Crumley

I met Joe a number of years back at a ShopBot camp in Wichita … His signs will remain standing for dozens of years and will be copied for much longer than that…

Hope someone will post a few pictures of his work.
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

This is sad news.

I was thinking I hadn't seen him post in quite awhile a month or so ago. I visited his website and sent him an email. I never received a response, and I hoped he was doing well, but this news is what I was afraid was the reality.

RIP Mr. Crumley!
    Tah-Dah

Although i haven't frequented the forum for a while, i consider myself an "old timer" here. Owned a Shopbot for over 15 years and always learned something from him, as from a great many of you fellow "old timers"!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Rest in peace Joe.

Here's a post when I visited his shop in Norman OK on my way back from a field service job

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...268#post185268
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Yeh that's bad news. I haven't been here in a long while but do remember both locking horns with AND respectfully learning a few useful things from Joe. God speed and warmest sympathy for his loved ones.