Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PRS Alpha Stuutering and Spindle won't start

You can save your configuration as a settings file (MySettings.sbd) and then reload it when "corruption" happens (not if, but when).
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    You can save your configuration as a settings file (MySettings.sbd) and then reload it when "corruption" happens (not if, but when).
    Unless that file gets corrupted. That's why I like the screenshot thing. I have it on a completely different system (my phone) and I can look at it while paging through the settings.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

That's the point of saving one with your custom settings (or none) and keeping it as a backup in several places, hard drive, USB drive, another PC, cloud, etc..... When you need it, you just reload it, no need to manually enter values from a picture.
    Scott

Ron Sloan...did you ever solve your problem?

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry for taking so long to get back - been slammed with a rush order for Christmas.
    It turned out to be the anti-virus software that I've been using for years, BitDefender. (I know, but I need it connected to the internet) Never been any problem, before. This time, after an update, it turned on, "Advanced Threat Detection", that I always had turned off. Time to ditch Bitdefender - the built-in Microsoft Defender is good enough these days and doesn't appear to turn **** on by itself. BTW, I turn off my wireless before running a job.
    Ron Sloan

Glad you got it figured out...that must have been a hard one to track down!