Thread: Vacuum box by Josh Beckman question

Hybrid View

Default Vacuum box by Josh Beckman question

Hello,
    I am moving my machine soon and plan on using Josh's plans to build a new vacuum box. My question is, he plumbed all the motors into the same line with gate valves. Would it be more beneficial to plumb each of the 4 to a separate quadrant of the table (96x48) then maybe have a crossover between to motors in case of a failure? Or plumb them all together like he had? Why or why not?

I have done several where I put cut off electrical switches on some of the pumps. No valves used and just turn on the sections you need at the time. Everyone likes something different, but it's easy, cheap, and works fine.
    Kenneth

You can get sewer back flow prevention valves too that will automatically close on any motors that are turned off. That’s what I did on my setup back when I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by EricSchimel View Post
    You can get sewer back flow prevention valves too that will automatically close on any motors that are turned off. That’s what I did on my setup back when I had it.
    I may have done a bad job explaining the question. I’m wondering if it’s better to have each pump going to the whole table like josh did, or have each pump plumbed directly to a single quadrant.

I did per quad with electrical swithes to use the areas needed
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by ken_rychlik View Post
    I did per quad with electrical swithes to use the areas needed
    Hows it working? Im leaning towards doing it that way but have closable crossovers so if I have a failure i can run a half table with a single pump