Thread: Selling 2010 PRS Alpha 144x72x24 w/ 4hp HSD 18Krpm

Default Selling 2010 PRS Alpha 144x72x24 w/ 4hp HSD 18Krpm

I put out a feeler in an earlier posting about putting a value on our PRS Alpha machine. I also mentioned I when it was listed on Public Surplus (our only way to sell State property). It has now been officially listed. WWU Public Surplus PRS Alpha

Additional photos and videos can be seen on our Google Photo Album

The machine has been owned, since new, by Western Washington University. It has been lightly used (light to moderate use over about 3 years total). We have a bought a second shopbot 48 x 96 with a tool changer that gets most of the use so the decision was made to sell this one.

It would be a good machine for anyone that wants that type of travel. We mostly used it to cut foam molds and 3/4"" plywood.
    I asked Shopbot about PartWorks transfer and they said the buyer would have to contact Vectric and ask for a license transfer (estimate $150 for the buyer).

I have listed the specs and the original price below for reference.

Thanks again for the original feedback, hopefully someone will find it a good home!

Cheers,
    Mark

Specs:

PRSalpha144-72-24
    zzero
    dust skirt and hoses
    prox kit
    PartWorks Software

Control Box 1 Spin Dom 2.2 - 5HP
    11 0v 1 Phase, 230v 3 Phase

HSD 4HP 230V 3PH PRS
    Alpha PO957
    24Von Board

Original cost was $33,000 no tax shipped

copy/paste link to the public surplus auction:
    https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/ww...ew?auc=2973378

I’d like to bid but don’t see how to create a user only a signin

I think this link will walk you through it...
    SG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks steve_g. That is correct. I am not actually part of the Public Surplus group for our university so all login and bidding questions should go though them.
    Cheers

I bid to about 7500 but with the distance to go get it (2200 miles for me, EACH way.) And no computer and no software, No tooling. And it being 12 years old- I was wondering what its condition and utility would be and what other like minded people would pay for it. (And I was concerned about accuracy across the 24" Z. (It looks like it has a smaller gantry beam than the upgrade I am about to do to start using, but 3X the Z) ... didn't want to get hooked into a lesser-accuracy scenario, because I do not think I can do 2 big machines on my site. SO I weighed the options and the time to go collect it and trailer it back... and decided I was "done" bidding.

It looks like it sold for $10600 plus expenses of sale (Buyer's Premium and other fees/charges)... probably just under 12K total, driving away. It would have cost me $6-700 in diesel and more for wear and tear on truck and trailer, plus a solid week ( best case) to get to Bellingham and back. And meals and hotels... And still a pretty decent price, all things considered. I hope the new owner gets great use out of it.