Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For sale ShopBox Desktop Max with Vaccube, dust collection and tables.

I didn't think you were being derogatory. I think I made the point well enough above that even though you were being well intentioned but it could be read by others differently.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons that women or any other group don't feel welcome/are under represented in lots of fields/groups/professions. As someone who hasn't had to experience that much in my life it can be sometimes hard to see how what I say or do impacts others who have a different experience than me.

Anyway, thanks for hearing, hopefully someone other than me appreciates it!

It isn't his responsibility what people hear, because they are using THEIR ears and THEIR brain to interpret the data. All he is responsible for is what he said and how he meant it. If someone else nuances it differently than presented- then that is on them.

This will be my final comment. I'm somewhat befuddled on how one could think that my comment would or could in any way discourage any woman from becoming involved in CNC.

We all have the right to say whatever we want. It's one of the many great things about America. We also all have the right to decide if we care how the things we say could affect/be interpreted by others.

If you care how the things you say could affect others, ask them about it. There's a good list above if you're interested. If you do, you might be surprised what one thinks is an innocuous comment is heard by someone else.

At the risk of sounding rude (and that's not my intent) this will also be my final comment here. This discussion is getting out of scope for CNC related chat.