Thread: Circle Center finder

Default Circle Center finder

Hi folks.
    Was wondering if anyone has created, or knows a way to write to SB part program to find center on a disc/circle.

I want to utilize a touch plate on both sides of a circle in x axis and a single touch plate in the +y axis. Framed on 3 sides

My thought was to run a XYZ_Zero program that zeros Z first, then moves -x till contact, moves +x until contact, Does the math to locate center, (while retaining the value), moves x axis to center of the two values , then move +y until contact, applies the retained value from the x axis math to the y axis and moves y axis to the center of the circle.

Anyone able to assist me?
    Thank you

This is kind of the inverse of what you want, but there's a file that's installed with the ShopBot software that zeroes to the sides of a hole instead of the edge of a disc. It might be a good starting point though, and be modified to do what you want

You can find it in your SBParts folder on your C drive, and it's named "sample_Center_inHole.sbp"

Bill

It's been some time since I've used it, but I used to use this with a plate for inside/outside corner finding/setting. You should be able to dissect it and reconfigure for your needs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsPqyLrhnhkRgbop...fJ43A?e=1iRcA7
    Scott

Thank you Bill, for a reminder of a file I had long forgotten.
    Thank you Scott, I look forward to checking out this file and seeing if I can massage it for my intentions.

All the best to every SB'er here.

Once again, thanks to all who gave me guidance on this project. I now have a part program that finds center of a circle after 3 point contact.
    Appreciate everything.