Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 x 10 PRS Alpha with Indexer

"woodwright"

I believe you are full of bluster. The ONLY reason for posting that was to poke John in the nose. And not a single person here who has ever owned and operated a large ShopBot (and I have owned a NUMBER of them (4+ and counting)) would be a buyer at ANY where near that price. One might as well put 10+ K onto it and get a brand new machine with ATC and modern electronics and the latest in the Y gantry and Z supports. John tried to call this out early so you could accomplish your sales/timing goals. And now you just want to metaphorically punch him a bit to make him look like the one who is uninformed. Bad form. No one is impressed. And if you DID do this to someone, you don't really have the ethics to play with this group. Please enjoy your retirement and play elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwright View Post
    And to top it off you call me a liar.
    And I quote: "That would be amazing and frankly, unbelievable."
    This type of response from you is exactly what's wrong with the world today. You take a quote, which is actually very positive, and turn it around and attack me. Why? Because you are unhappy that I doubted you could get $35k for a 15 year old Shopbot? If you did, then that's frankly amazing, and quite unbelievable. That doesn't mean I just called you a liar, it just means I'm amazed at what you sold it for. I have an older SB too and I'd love to sell it for what I paid for it eventually. That just doesn't seem likely when newer, better and more powerful machines are available for quite reasonable prices.

So anyway, glad you're successful with your sale and please, chill the beans there bud. Be friendly. Don't first pull out a gun and shoot people when you start to lose an argument.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

You're right, I'm wrong, Bye