Thread: WANTED to buy 10 FOOT POWERSTICK for Buddy and/or 5 axis $1500

Default WANTED to buy 10 FOOT POWERSTICK for Buddy and/or 5 axis $1500

I recently acquired a 5 axis Shopbot at a state auction. Really love playing with it, and it's an incredible machine for sure. It came with a 6 foot power stick for cutting 4 feet, but I'd like to get the longer powerstick as well for it.

I'm near Columbia, SC and looking for a PRS 3 version of the power stick (see picture of the powerstick I have below).

If your power stick has the same extrusion profile as mine and is 10 feet long (for cutting 8 feet), I have $1500 cash (provided condition is fine) and can likely pick up if you are within a few hundred miles of me (else I'm sure we could work something out).

powerstick top.jpg
    powerstick bottom.jpg

I'll keep my eye out. Do let us know how the mod works out for you. What did you end up paying for the machine?

Someone should make these- I need one too- I have a 4 ft version of the one above- 80/20 15 series extrusions come in doubles [if not 4 1.5 extrusions joined] and the rails and flat rack gear is not custom [I don't think]. Not me... I have more money than time left on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavigogun View Post
    I'll keep my eye out. Do let us know how the mod works out for you. What did you end up paying for the machine?
    It was $3700 after taxes and auction fees. I think it came out of a school or state college. I can't complain as it's probably one of the best deals on a 5 axis CNC there's been... and the machine seems to be made in 2014 so it's not that old. That said it was missing all the accessories including the software. The calibration fixture alone was $475 to buy and was needed, yikes! I also bought the Vectric Pro software 20% off, but mainly been using and learning AutoCAD Fusion 360 (free version). Needless to say, I've already spent thousands on the missing accessories, bits, software, collets, etc...

I'm really impressed with it. The build quality and components ShopBot used are all top notch. The steppers and spindle all appear to be made in Japan too. I just got lucky on it, no idea why there weren't more bidders other than it was an AS IS transaction, and I am local to the state surplus place so I didn't pay any freight. I probably got it for the cost of it's spindle.

That's fantastic! Good for you! If/when it takes you as far as you want to go, message me- you'll have a buyer.

I will let you know if I ever sell it, but I doubt I ever will; plus my son is going to learn to use it when he's a teenager. I usually don't ever sell any of my tools, and they have always gone up in value for the most part; similar to how guns always go up in value. I'm very fortunate that I don't need to make money with it in order to keep it, and honestly just bought it to learn.

That's fantastic! Good for you! If/when it takes you as far as you want to go, message me- you'll have a buyer.

I read that previous to contemporary systems, Shopbot used solid aluminum decks for some moving tables; perhaps you might have an acceptable alternative fabricated within budget?

Certainly an option. Hopefully at some point in the next 2-5 years I just see one I can pick up here. Not in a hurry until I move and have more space to use it.

I read that previous to contemporary systems, Shopbot used solid aluminum decks for some moving tables; perhaps you might have an acceptable alternative fabricated within budget?