Thread: PRT control software installation

Default PRT control software installation

HELP. I'm having trouble getting the control software loaded and operational for my older PRT4896 CNC. Had a catastrophic system error on the PC desktop computer that forced me to do a complete system reinstall to get back in. The PC is used as a server only for the Shopbot. So I didn't lose files, but I did lose Aspire and the Shopbot Driver. This machine has been flawless for years. What that means for this situation is I have forgotten everything I know about installation and setup. I did get Aspire loaded and working, but I need help with the ShopBot driver. I have a USB thumb drive with a user# and a 20 number/letter code XXXXX XXXXX XXXX XXXX. I assume it's for the Shopbot, but it's been in a drawer by the server for years, so I don't know if it's for ShopBot or something I don't even have anymore. Is there a tutorial somewhere that can walk me through the installation process? (step by step for beginners would be best). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unable to give you a step by step but you might want to check out this link; https://www.shopbottools.com/support/

Is a key or security code required for the driver?

No key needed. Just make sure that you have the right software for your ShopBot which you can download here:

https://www.shopbottools.com/support/control-software

My guess is that you want the one that's listed in the section a little bit down from the top that starts with "Windows Version for PRT/PRS ShopBots (XP/Vista/7/8)", but if you've done any hardware upgrades in the past you might need a different one?

The install process is pretty straight forward, but if you have troubles the ShopBot Support crew will be glad to help get you going.

Bill