Thread: Question on removing startup delays for Laser

Default Question on removing startup delays for Laser

I've mounted a J-Tech laser on my BuddyAlpha and I need some programming tips. I'm getting delays between when the laser turns on at the start of the file and when the movement actually starts.
    I've reset the Warning duration to 0, but I'm still getting prompted to start spindle. By the time I hit Enter to skip past this, the laser has already burned a substantial hole at my zero position.
    Can anyone tell me how to defeat the spindle start prompt? I don't know where that subroutine is kept.

Thanks,
    Taylor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ShopBot Buddy BT48 Alpha w/12" Z
    2' , 4' , 8' Powersticks
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 11

Taylor, post the file, or at least the first part of it, so we can see what the code is doing. What program and post-processor are you using for generating the toolpath?
    Scott

After spending time messing with different config files and talking with a couple of the Shopbot folks at the San Diego show, I’ve come to the conclusion that the ‘Spindle start’ message is built-in to the core program. I’ll wait for J-tech’s new DIY Pro frame to hit the market, so that I can salvage the laser module I originally purchased to go on my Shopbot.
    ShopBot Buddy BT48 Alpha w/12" Z
    2' , 4' , 8' Powersticks
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 11

Have you tried editing the file to set zero power level after the spindle start, before the start of the first lase power motion? Could also try a different output for the laser that doesn't trigger the spindle start warning. If you want full featured control, your second choice will surely be better. Match that up with LightBurn and you should be good to go.
    Scott