Thread: X and Y do Not stop Immediately

Default X and Y do Not stop Immediately

After moving either x or y axis, they move slightly before completely stopping, even if the E stop is used. They should be halting.

Motors are Vexta PK299-01AA
    Software version is 3.6.44

Let me know any info addition info needed to help

Bob,
    It could be a number of things...Here's what I would check:

1) Save your configuration via US command.
    2) Reinstall the firmware via UI command.
    3) Check the 3 voltages: 5 vdc, 12vc via ATX power supply. Check 44v on Meanwell stepper power supply.
    4) Tell us how your tool is connected to the PC - EXACTLY. To elaborate, are you using from PC to the tool: USB 2.0 self-powered hub -- USB cable less than 12' long -- IOGear USB to Serial Converter -- Control Card ~~ OR a different configuration?
    5) Please try another keyboard and see if that changes anything. Are you running a wireless KB or one with a cord?

At first 'glance' it sounds to me like a communication issue, which can cause a lag between keyboard and controls...but a number of things can cause what you mention.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady, Thanks for your response. Having some issues with a leaky roof at the moment. I will get back to you soon. Thanks again.

Just got back to it, may have plugged into a bad USB port its working fine now. Thank you for your response!

Very good. Thanks for following up.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com