Thread: Need help with a PRS machine

Default Need help with a PRS machine

After letting the machine set all summer I'm trying to get her going. When I launch home with the head 48" or so away from home, the head stops about 6" from home with the X displaying 0". Once it stops the count becomes accurate again and when reinitialized at 6" away, it will complete successfully. Almost like the count is counting too quickly while moving and once stopped it can catch up.

Second issue. With the head at home, I launch a project the Z drops down and shuts down the machine with no X,Y movement. Thoughts? Thanks

I would suggest reloading your configuration for your machine. Then run thru all your zeroing routines to make sure everything is synced up.

I can't speak from experience in my machine sitting longer than a weekend, but I do know that there have been many times since I purchased the machine (2009), I can turn it off on Friday and Monday morning things are all messed up. I'm convinced that the initialization files get corrupted during Friday afternoon shut down.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.