Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ShopBot New full-size Zeta cnc

Well, I guess you should give SB a call and put in an order!
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Why would I want to do that. If something is working good why try an unknown. I did that with the Shopbot and bought a plug and play unit from Gray and it didn't work. I got blamed that it was my fault that I didn't do every thing to get it to work but after ruining my spoil board and breaking several bits it word not run a full file. It would start out fine then one of the steppers would just stutter and the problem was it was a different stepper each time. I had to go back to that 20 year old controller to get a job done.

I think we're discussing two separate things. A workhorse machine that has no issues is fine even if it's 20 years old. A brand new machine with a 20 year old control system is not exactly fine in my book. No word yet on what they're using for a control system in this Zeta model. Who knows? Maybe it's that brandy new thing they've been promising since 2016 or whenever. I'd love to see SB succeed. They're just going to have to modernize their control system to stay relevant.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool