Thread: Person in So Cal needed to troubleshoot SB3 software

Default Person in So Cal needed to troubleshoot SB3 software

We will pay some1 to come to our shop in Riverside Ca. and take a look at out Shop Bot 3 softwatre/cnc machine.

Were getting a input 4 warning that is the emergency stop switch and cant clear it. We have tried the " VN " command and opened and closed the switch several times.

I can provide pictures and or video of the issue but since weve never had this machine running a person local that come check it out is also an option.

We are more than willing to pay someone to come by and help us out.

thank you

If you have a PRS or PRT Alpha, VN Switch #4 Stop Type should be Normally Closed. Is the physical E-Stop button reset (out), or pushed in? Rotate it to release it back to the out position. Sometimes dust, corrosion, etc. can cause the contacts inside the switch to not make contact. Take the cover off and blow it out, and also spray some contact cleaner in it and blow it out again. Put the cover back on and operate it several times. Check the indicator for input #4 on the screen to see if it toggles on/off. Make sure it's connected properly inside the control box (reference the manual for locations). Use a multimeter to check continuity in the cable.

Also, if you had to load the software on a new computer, make sure you used the right config file that matches your machine (PRS, PRT, Alpha, Standard).
    Scott

Thank you very much. Yes i need to do that, the condition of this machine and its computer was horrible as far as dust that had built up.

IMG_20221031_090924.jpg IMG_20221031_092352.jpgIMG_20221031_092352.jpg So a dirty switch is def something i need to look into, thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my, I'm surprised that PC hasn't burnt up!!
    Scott

You and me both. I couldnt believe it, id never seen anything so dirty in my life lol.

And the shop we bought it from is one that produces amazing outstanding work for Hollywood movie studios that made large scale props and advertising for some of the biggest movies and studios of well known blockbuster movies.

Looking back at the tour of their workspace i now realize all their computers must look like this one.