Thread: 2011 Shopbot Alpha 6' Gantry

Default 2011 Shopbot Alpha 6' Gantry

I have a 60 x 144 machine that I added a second Centroid controlled gantry on the opposite side of the machine from the shopbot controlled gantry. Effectively making 2 machines out of 1. I have found over the last year that I use the Centroid almost exclusivley. So, wondering if anyone has a use for a complete 6' gantry with the shopbot controller? This includes the 2 motors on the x axis but not the rest of the machine. Located in Summerville, SC. Machine is currently operational and I can ship if needed. PM me if you have interest and we can discuss.

Control Box 2.jpgSpindle.jpgGantry.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

This Gantry has a 12" Z.

Package includes gantry, spindle, control box, control computer, all 4 motors (2X, Y, and Z), all wiring and the E-Track.

Curious as to why you no longer use the Shopbot controller?

I sold just a 2013 PRS Alpha Shopbot controller, motors and associated wiring for $3k (Centroid upgrade), so you should be looking at $4k+ since you're including the spindle. Is the spindle VFD included too? What power rating is the spindle? What's the production year of the system?

Great package for someone who has a PRS standard with a router.

Good luck with the sale!
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Cory,

4 hp VFD Spindle - New 2 years ago

The gantry and control are from 2011

VFD is included - 220V single phase input.

Since doing the centroid install on the second gantry of this machine, I find that I prefer using that over the shopbot side. Centroid is faster, smoother and easier to use with the wireless pendant. I had a job that ran on the shopbot side for a few years but that went away. So, I thought I would see if anyone else had interest. I can part it out if anyone is interested only in the control box, vfd and spindle.

Thank You,
    Jon

Jon...
    If you sell the controller separately, I might be interested in the YZ assembly as I have been looking to develop an air counterbalanced, ballscrew Z axis upgrade for the PRS Gen2 & above. I've had a number of inquiries since I made one for the PRT, but no one could spare the parts for the duration I needed them.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I sent you a message to your inbox.