Thread: PRT alpha router to spindle upgrade

Default PRT alpha router to spindle upgrade

Hello folks, I just bought a spindle to upgrade my 2004 PRT Alpha 4896 and the parts came in last Friday. I’m a bit puzzled at one of the kits I was told to purchase. I’ll post a pic below. It consists of a few little snips of standard copper wire of various gauges and 3 or 4 plastic terminals to install in the control box. My question, really, is this all I need or am I missing something? The cost of this little bag was $456.50. Just seems like there should be more to it lol. ( the other parts consist of the VFD, spindle, collets etc.). I’ve not talked to support by phone, only email. Two guys assured me this was correct. I’m just a bit bewildered at the cost, quite frankly. I’m by no means a cheapskate when it comes to my tools. Obvious, if that’s what it costs then that’s cool, I just want to have everything I need when I start opening up the control box come Friday morning. Has anyone of you been through a similar upgrade? Also, the wiring diagram sent in the package is for the PRS model and the tech guy said that should suffice. I’m a bit skeptical since my control box looks a lot different than the supplied diagram. This is in no way a slam against ShopBot. They have been amazing for the 19 years I’ve had my Bot. Just wondering I’d something got overlooked.

Your first call should be to SB tech support. They're great.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Update. Finally had time to call ShopBot. There was indeed, an accounting error in the price of my kit by $320 +/- They are issuing a refund asap. Btw, I looked up each part and the sum total of everything in the bag was $30.32.(plus shipping and tax). Still a little pricey at $128 for the updated charge but I’m cool with it if it gets me running lol.