Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preview file not matching original file

Default Preview file not matching original file

Strange problem with my 10 yr old Desktop today.

Using a file I've used before, it's not cutting in the right location.

Preview shows the setup in attached photo SBProfileDisplay.jpg (area to be cut off center)

But should be what's in Aspire and in second photo SBShouldBe.jpg (area to be cut in center).

Any guesses as to what's wrong?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure Brad,
    But the material size and the offsets are different from each other for some reason??
    Did you change them,or import someone else's file and save it(Vectric uses the last file saved saved as default)

VERY possible I'm not understanding the problem, even with our machines our machines being the same year even!
    I'm on VCP 11.5** and it just looks odd to me

scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Not sure Brad,
    But the material size and the offsets are different from each other for some reason??
    Did you change them,or import someone else's file and save it(Vectric uses the last file saved saved as default)

VERY possible I'm not understanding the problem, even with our machines our machines being the same year even!
    I'm on VCP 11.5** and it just looks odd to me

scott
    Yes, very odd to me, too. I can't figure out why it's showing the different offsets. Didn't do anything, same file I've used dozens of times in past, same material, same everything. Worked last month, didn't today. Even tried creating a new file with Aspire, but no difference. It cuts off the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Walker View Post
    Yes, very odd to me, too. I can't figure out why it's showing the different offsets. Didn't do anything, same file I've used dozens of times in past, same material, same everything. Worked last month, didn't today. Even tried creating a new file with Aspire, but no difference. It cuts off the material.
    one of those previews shows material size to be 6” x 6” , the other 4.875” x 4.875” ?

Call it "Gremlins" Brad,
    And change material size and offset back to correct...and then "Recalculate All" and "Save".

See how that works out?
    PITA, but it'll probably get you going again.
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by robtown View Post
    one of those previews shows material size to be 6” x 6” , the other 4.875” x 4.875” ?
    The 4.875" version is what is in the preview. And it's more or less what it cuts.

BUT the 6" x 6" version is what's in the actual Aspire file and what I want to be cut. I can change the parameters in the preview, but it doesn't change the actual cut.

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    And change material size and offset back to correct...and then "Recalculate All" and "Save".

See how that works out?
    scott
    Don't know where you're suggesting to make the change. It's already the correct size and offset in the original Aspire file. And if I change it in the Preview, there's no place to save the change -- it doesn't do anything that I can see.

I know it's not the original file that Aspire created because I've used an old shopbot file that worked in the past, and I've also tried creating a new one. Same problem -- it doesn't cut where it should and the preview is not what's in the file from Aspire.

All I can think of off the bat is PP;
    OR SB3 got corrupted somehow, and you may have to do a UR to factory settings?
    (after saving these settings if you've modified from default)

IF it's showing correctly in the Aspire preview, and it's not cutting that...99.99% it's in the machine or it's OS, or PP.
    I'm at a loss otherwise, as I've never had that happen.

Sorry I can't help more.
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Thanks for trying, Scott. I've contacted Tech Support, will follow up with what they say.

Brad

Does it actually cut in the wrong place, or does the Preview just look weird? The ShopBot previewer doesn't know anything about your blank size etc so just bases it off of the file.

Try changing the material settings in the previewer to match the original settings, with the blank being 6" x 6" and the X and Y offsets being 0's instead of -0.0625, and see if it looks the same as your original?

Bill
    Last edited by bill.young; 01-12-2024 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo