Thread: Input #1 Blinking?

Default Input #1 Blinking?

I always store my Z-Zero plate on my machine, touching metal. Today, my input #1 light is blinking. Seems to be a pattern of 3 blinks, then a pause, 3 blinks.......If I remove the plate from touching anything it stops. First thought was a grounding issue. I checked all my grounds, seem fine. Also checked connections in the control box, no issues. Restarted the computer and the control box a couple times, still the same? The machine zero's correctly and operates with no issue, just that blinking light! I can run it like this, it just bugs me and concerned it will lead to something else. Anyone ever had this? I run my machine (9648PRS) 3-4 days a week and have never seen this before

Storing your z-zero plate touching metal doesn't sound right. Mine has always be isolated in a wood pocket. Touching (grounding) to metal is what the plate has to do to see zero in the zeroing program. Isolate it and run as normal. Lets see what others say about this?

I'm with Rob. I've always isolated the zeroing plate from touching metal.

Same here it even says that in the setup instructions

I don't disagree, but I've never had this problem for the last 15 years?? I would think it would only effect it in C2? No big deal, I'll just isolate it. Thanks for the replies.

I wonder if after all these years the powder coating has worn off where it's been hitting, or something else has worn so that it's now making a connection when it vibrates?