Folks -

Rose and I have been having 2 kinds of luck, slim and none.

We got a job cutting some prototypes out of plastic - I went and got the material and boy... Well, rather than a pity party, I'll just focus on the immediate problem:

Our spindle was running on the warm side - over 145 degrees, so I hit pause as it was in between cuts so that it could cool down. I was an hour into a 13,000 line file and the computer locked up. Not responsive to the keyboard at all. I ctrl alt del to close SB and make note of my XYZ location, line location, and runtime before I close out.

When I relaunch SB, my coordinates are far different than what I had when I tried to pause. Mind you, the gantry hasn't moved one iota. I then open up the SB control console and used the VA command to enter my XYZ coordinates prior to the crash. Then I ran the file from the last code line and off I went.

The problem? My registration was off by about 1/4" of an inch, ruining the entire workpiece! Why, if I reset the exact cordinates where I left off, and the gantry hadn't moved, did the registration go out? I can't describe how, um, angry, I am.....

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago when we had the power go off momentarily. The spindle powered down, but the control computer stayed up as it's on a UPS. We reset the coordinates and ran from the last code line and it was off a bit too...

HELP!

John Moorhead