Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Motor

mike@seawardkayaks.com Guest

Default X Motor

I have a question regarding my x motor sounding as if it wants to run with a hum but will not turn, after switching the drive motors and cables it works fine. The problem is with the out-put from the board. What do I do? This was caused when the rack bound an the stop bolt. Any help is appreciated

I have recently found a problem that I could use some help with. I have a PRT 120/60 but only have a 96/48 bed on it at this time. I cut a piece of 3/16 polycarbonate that was 48 x 48 and I cut 46 5/8 x 46 7/8 from it. It turned out 3/16 out of square. I immediately set about squaring my gantry and checked it with an "A-Square" (3' x 4' x 5' has a perfect 90 degree corner on it.

Now I start cutting doors with doorbot and find that they are out of square. Just for curiosity sake I released the tension spring on the inboard X motor and moved it down out of the rack and that end of the gantry moved to the left approx. 1/4 inch. I re-engaged the motor, moved (jogged) it back and forth then repeated pulling the motor down and got the same results. Anyone have any ideas?

Doug

Ther are two ways to solve your problem. One would be to make the nessacary adjustments to your Y carrige so that is closer to square when you turn on power to the motors. The second way is to make sure you are square when you fire up the system. To do this the first thing you need to do is square your Y car to the X axis. Then set your stop blocks agains't the square Y car. Now every time you apply power to the system hold the Y car against the squared stop blocks. I learened this from Ted at the Camp in NJ. Once you do this you will be cutting square parts.

A question along the same lines:

Has anyone had to adjust the position of their "stop bolts"?
    I have a factory built PRT96 Table and my full range of motion in the X direction is 95.5".

Thanks

BTK,
    If you have a PRT96, your rails are 10' long & the X carriage is 22" wide. You should have a range of 98" from -X limit to +X limit.

-Brady

On our PRT96 we have changed the stops so that the rollers get within 0.5" of falling off the rails. Our total range of x-travel is 2600mm (or slightly more than 100")

For squaring the gantry, we have put adjustment screws into the stops. See this thread - the pics there show the wheels getting near to the end of the rails.

Is there any danger of the cog disengaging with the rack at this distance?
    He who wonders if they are still sending freight from America to Europe by sailing ship

I am sure that we looked underneath to see if the "cog"(pinion) wanted to disengage - but maybe we overlooked that?? However, we do manage to hit the stops pretty hard, so I reckon the pinion and rack are still fully engaged.

I couldn't care about your ship, I want to see photos of your table!