Thread: Door program for linux users

Default Door program for linux users

If you're an experienced Linux user and a fairly experienced 'C' programmer, you might be interested in a program that I've written to create 'sbp' files to make cabinet doors. It's a 'back end' program, meaning that there is no operator interface. Source files array parameters are modified for each door and each cutter that is used.

With that said, if you cut MDF doors AND you use Linux AND you know how to program in 'C' AND you want use any v-cutter AND you use/might use tabs, send me an email and I'll send you the source code.

NOTE: The source code files are licensed under the OSI Certified Open Source Software licensing terms found in the Open Source License at www.opensource.org/licenses meaning that there is no charge for the files and that you are free to use them as you choose as long as you include the licensing agreement with any source code that you distribute.

-Mike
    miker@xmission.com

For all of you who emailed asking whether the source code would work with DOS/Windows, I've converted the files to work with Borland 4.52 C++ (which is the last compiler that I used with DOS/Windows). It works just fine with Windows XP - although, for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would still prefer it over the excellent gcc compiler.

The same cautions and OSI Certified Open Source Software license still apply. This is still a backend program that requires you to modify the parameters within the source code files.

For those who've asked how long it takes to produce the sbp files for a set of doors, the only answer I can give is "not very long". Using the old cut and paste editing method, I can layout a set of twenty drawer fronts in less than five minutes. Compiling the files takes less than a minute.

Send an email if you want the source code. There's no charge for the code and no restrictions on what you do with the output files.

-Mike
    miker@xmission.com