Thread: Is there somebodi with BERGES inverter

Default Is there somebodi with BERGES inverter

Hi
    I use 3 phase COLOMBO spindel RS 73/2FP1CPE25, and inverter BERGES ACM 1K40030H.

If Somebody use BERGES too, I have some questions:

The PRT Alpha just closes 2 wire swich to send signal to the invertor to turn on.

Whwere to connect this swich?

Maybe PINS 14 and 16?

What about to ENABLE swich PINS 10 and 11?

How to program the invertor for this kind of operation?

Thank Uoy

Kamen

Kamen, I don't have any controller, or an Alpha, but I have looked at the Berges controller manual. (And I hope that more people come along to give comments).

8239.gif

Be careful that pins 10 and 14 are grounded:

8240.gif

therefore, be very careful if one side of the Alpha's switch is also grounded, or if a voltage exists at the Alpha switch - you may have to put a relay in between........

Here is a comment about the "ENABLE":

8241.gif

Come on, the other manual readers could also chip in here!

Kamen,
    It would be best to email or telephone someone at Shopbot. I know that the telephone charges from your area to Shopbot are going to be expensive, but it is very important that you understand exactly how the Alpha's Control box is wired before connecting the Berges Controller.

With that warning in mind, let me see if I can help a little. When you wrote that the Alpha just closes a 2-wire switch to send a signal to the Berges controller to turn on, were you referring to the CONTACTOR (Relay) in the control box? It is my understanding that you would wire that contactor to break (open) the line in case of an emergency. In other words, you would run the power connections to the Berges Controller through the Shopbot Controller's contactor/relay. (Refer to figure 11.1, L1 N and K1 on page 14, and to figure 12.8 on page 20.) NOTE: After posting my response, I just re-read your post and noticed that you wrote that you have a 3-phase spindle. I am confused whether you have single-phase power or 3-phase power. If you have 3-phase power, the two wire connection from the Alpha's controller will probably have to operate a 3-pole contactor/relay. The 3-pole contactor/relay would connect your 3-phase power (through a breaker/fuse box) to the L1, L2 and L3 inputs of the Berges controller. If you have single-phase power, the Alpha's contactor/relay would control the 230 Volts to the Berge controller. PLEASE check with an expert before doing anything.

It looks like you will need to connect a single-pole switch between connections 10 and 11 to enable the controller (please refer to Gerald's post, to figure 12-7 on page 19 of the Berges manual, and to figure 14.5 on page 23 where an error message OFF means that the switch is open).

It also looks like Pins 14 and 16 should be connected to an on/off switch (refer to page 45 about setting switch 2 OFF so that terminal 16 functions as an ON/OFF switch).

I don't understand the explaination on page 39 that refers to TAB 2, L3, but it appears that the default programming of the Berges controller allows ON/OFF control with a switch connected to pins 14 and 16.

This is my first reading of the manual, so please get advice from an expert before connecting anything.

Hi Gerald,
    Hi Mike.

Sory for the deklay.

It was surprise for me how complicate one inverter can be.
    All 3-phase wiring was made from licensed electician (my father)
    and everything is OK.
    Actually besides 3-phase I have monophase fan on top of Colombo spindel + thermic probe and Owner manual on Italian. (The English manual is for model S2)

In the end I wire the thermic probe to ENABLE swich (pins 10 and 11) , and START/STOP swich to
    pins 14 and 16.

There is options for potenziometers and other things but I have no time for more experiments for now.

Thanks for advice

Kamen,
    I took a look at your web page. Your speakers are incredible! Are there any distributors in the US yet?

I second Bill's post.

WOW!!

Hi Bill.
    Not yet, but uoy can check the web from time to time.
    We are in negotiations with some big companys but I'm the designer and I am not very involved in this.
    In fact from now we have only some speakers in Planet to Planet studio in NY.