Thread: VFD slow to start after power on of control box...

Default VFD slow to start after power on of control box...

Troubleshooting is done...

Since I had the system the VFD has always taken 10 seconds or so to start once the reset button was pressed. I had no idea this was not normal. For the past few days it's been taking longer and longer... then it didn't start at all this evening when I wanted to run a quick file to see the results.

I finally figured out the relay was not tripping, a very slight nudge and it clicked closed. It doesn't close smoothly either. Like it needs to be lubricated.

Now to the question... is there a safe lubricant I should use or is this a symptom that will require the relay to be replaced?

Robert

Robert, I would call Shopbot. I had the same problem about three weeks ago and they sent me out 4 new relays to replace the ones in my control box. (mine were under warranty yet) Apparently sometimes the original realys warp a bit from the heat and thus they do not trip correctly. Give them a call and see what they say.

Robert,

I had the same problem quite some time ago and found that by backing off the relay hold down screws and barely snugging them, the relay will work. It seems by slightly over tightening the screws, it will shift the two halves of the relay and cause it to bind.

Dan