Thread: Control Software Coordinates Move, The Machine Does Nit Move

Default Control Software Coordinates Move, The Machine Does Nit Move

I'm having a problem when entering move / jog commands, the coordinates move and the Bot does not. It's a new PRSstandard and I drilled my table holes yesterday without an issue, how nice was that to have the Bot cut the holes!
    Although....

When I was going to cut the recessed bolt head holes today, I received an error, my fault apparently. I guess Partworks will allow you to set some speed parameters outside of tolerance, but then the Control software will not. I had a setting that was too low and received this error "Parameter Value Below Range for VS- Setting to lower limit (.05)".

After that my machine lost it's X and Y position and lost it's mind. When I entered move commands, the coordinates moved but no machine movement. Another thing I'm not sure about is that last night I added a USB mouse to my laptop, the mousepad was not working very well. I'm not sure what is causing my issues. I did disconnect the new usb mouse. Turned everything off down to the breakers to clear everything. I left the mouse off the laptop and went back to the mouse pad just to be sure I wasn't introducing a problem with the new mouse. Turned everything back on and the Control software is still moving the coordinates, but the machine itself is not moving.

Has anyone run into this, any suggestions?

Guess I can't update the title, I noticed I had a spelling error in it after submitting....

Are you in preview mode?

Not in preview mode, checked that when the problem first occurred. Although that gives me an idea, I'll turn on the preview and then back to move/cut, maybe that will clear something. Is there a cache / memory file for Shopbot 3 that I need to clear?

This time when I started everything back up, the software is not seeing my comm port '4' and the input Stop light is blinking. Does this signify something specific I need to do? I did check to ensure the stop button was not depressed, I did use it earlier. Guess I'll work on trying to resolve the comm port issue.

OK, I disabled and enabled the comm port, powered everything back off and on again and all appears to be well at this point........

Good going Zeke! Sometimes these things take a little persistence. Good old common sense (quite rare actually) will get you through almost anything that will happen.

You have to feel a lot better after figuring out how to recover from the situation.

D