Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SERIOUS violation of safety...

Default SERIOUS violation of safety...

I decided to try 3.6.5 again this morning. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but...

I occasionally make a mistake like forgetting to zero Z. A few minutes ago I did such a thing, I remembered while it was still jogging to the first cut position so I hit the space bar... still going... SO I slapped the bit red button... STILL GOING... As I'm standing here slapping the big red button over and over it proceeds to start cutting... as I'm reaching for the power button on the bot itself, it stopped... I looked at the control screen, red button pressed warning is affirmative... and the software is still running the program as if it is cutting. The bot traveled almost 37 inches before stopping (I measured)

Seriously... I've made no modifications for some time and in fact used the big red button a few days ago and it worked fine.

I have no idea but I am going back to 3.5.x and staying this time. I thought this button interrupted something mechanical to make things stop. What gives... what kind of malfunction could leave the bot running while the red button is pressed? I need to check it out ASAP and fix/replace whatever the problem is.

Let my heart slow down first... I'm just glad I wasn't stopping it for some serious reason.

I will let SB support know Monday. This gives me cold chills... I have had it refuse to stop several times with the space bar, button click, let go of the keyboard move key... but never on the big red button push.

/RB

I can second a similar issue of not stopping after having forgotten to zero the material and trying to stop with the space bar using 3.6.5

I think these versions are plagued with certain PC set-ups. Apparently down grading back to 3.5.18 is the only possible solution until a newer version is released.

I haven't seen this problem and have been using 3.6.5 since its release. Then upgraded to 3.6.10 a couple of days ago when it was released. I always test both the space bar and e-stop after a change like that.

Did you reflash the firmware? I do that even it if doesn't ask for it. Might help.

Tim

Yeah, I did the firmware and all. I'm back on 3.5.20... I think I'll stay there a while. I still don't know if it was related or some other problem but I didn't like it.

/RB

I have on occassion had to stop the movement and you hit the spacebar and nothing happens then you keep banging till it does but this has only happened a couple times using 3.5.??

Early on in my botting days i buried a 1/2 endmill in the mdf and thru the plenum down to the shank so you could see thru to the floor and I couldn't stop it till it blew both fuses in the control box. I'm sure it was operator error on that one though.

This is the latest and hopefuly the greatesed http://www.shopbottools.com/controlsoftware.htm
    Has anybody been running this 3.6.10 ?. What do you guys think of it so far ?.

Robert, I've had the EXACT same issue you mention here with Version 3.6.5; after witnessing that behavior I uninstalled it immediately, and I'm having no problems with 3.5.20.

Stephan, I see no indication in the notes that accompany 3.6.10 that it fixes this problem.

OK, with everyone coming forward with this issue, I assume you have all notified ShopBot so they could have the opportunity to investigate and correct it. Unless I've missed it, I don't recall any recent forum posts regarding the issue. If ShopBot wasn't aware of the problem, I doubt if we would see it fixed in the 3.6.10 release notes.

RE: zero Z

Whenever I grab the wrenches, I also take the zero plate out of the holder and lay it on the table. Helps me to remember to zero with the new bit...

I also noticed for some reason, the proper decimal point location seems to be the most important on the z axis

I had a similar issue where the bot didn't want to stop.. i figured it was just pilot error.. this was after upgrading as well.. I rebooted and carried on.. no thought of telling anyone about it.. I may not be the only one that just thought it was there own doing..

mitch