Thread: Sticky relays

Default Sticky relays

Is anyone else having problems with the 4 main relays inside the control box sticking open/closed? 3 of mine have been having problems. Most frequent issues are one that sticks closed and causes the system not to power up and/or think the e-stop is tripped. The other sticks open and the router won't turn on. I need to just replace them or tear them out and try to clean them (although I don't know how they would get dirty in a sealed box), but was wondering if anyone else was having issues.

We replaced ours. They were covered under warranty for us because it was within a year of purchase. It was a pretty simple replacement and Grant at Shopbot was great to work with.

Someone here mentioned something about the mounting screws to the box being to tight and cousing the realy case to deforme . So try losening the screws to the case , but make shure the power is disconnected first. If all else fails call shopbot.

Bot on

We had the same problem with our PPRTAlpha. We eventually pulled the entire control box apart and installed a massive heat sink inside the box and fans and fins outside of the box. This reduced our operating temp to around 10 degrees C above ambient temperature.

We have not had a failure since.