Thread: Partition Magic\Cable Drive problems

Default Partition Magic\Cable Drive problems

I have an older cable system that requires DOS to run in a Windows 98 system. I also have XP on the same computer - hence the Partition Magic - and there is no internet for e-mailing files back and forth (a little foreshadowing), the CNC and work computer lives in the garage. I do all of my design work in my house on my main computer.

There is a specific spot on the 98 side where the cut files reside and I can see them while in Parts Wizard or in WinExplorer while on the 98 side.

When I re-start and go over to the XP I can not find those files. I have done a file search. I have done the 'show all hidden files' trick on both OS sides while in WinExplorer. Nothing !!

Therefore, the only way to get files ON to the 98 side is via burning a CD (it won't recognize my USB stick in 98). When I am on the XP side, my USB stick works, but I can not find where the cut files are. Therefore, I also can't take files off to edit them.

Why are the files hiding from me ? Where are they ?

Can't you get a Win98 driver for your memory stick?

I finally found a common drive that both OS use.

I have another question about what routing bit size (based on an attached surfacing.sbp file), and style to purchase. As well as other surfacing considerations, if you'd like to take a shot at it !

surfacing cut file

surfacing.sbp (3.1 k)

Check the SanDisk site for a Win98 Driver for a cruzer mini. It worked for me quite a while ago.

Bret..Win98 used a fat32 file system, and win xp by default..uses NTFS file system..the two are not compatible...If you had loaded XP as a upgrade over win98 you could have kept the fat32 file system and been able to cross read..The need for multiple..Operating systems for certain applications can be overcome with multiple hard drives..and cable select..a switch that can change a hard drive from Master to slave..hope this helps...cheers.....Dan

Bret,
    It looks like a 1" stepover. Allowing atleast 15% as described in the Table Top Surfacer (TU) I would go with an 1-1/4" Diameter cutter. You can just rewrite your own TU cut file for what ever cutter you get though. I just use what ever cutter I have in the machine at the time (3/8 or 1/2) because I don't feel like changing cutters, and then changing back again.

Frank