Thread: EPS/AI invalid header

Default EPS/AI invalid header

hi,

i am trying to import an AI file into part wizard and get error message that file does not contain a valid header.

what is a valid header and how do i get one into this file?

thanks

martin

I don't think PW recognizes AI files. There are programs that will convert your file from an AI to DXF then you can load a DXF in PW. I could be wrong..

The AI files that PW will import are typically from a fairly old version of AI. EPS goes in easier. One of the "challenges" with Delcam products is that they do not update their file recognition software much. They have responded to those concerns by stating "We feel it is more valuable to our customers to spend our resources on updating the software design tools and capabilities."
    This is also an issue with Insignia & Artcam Pro. Interestingly, even their own art. files are not backward compatible.

Martin,
    I've heard some people say that when they can't get an .AI or .EPS file into a Delcam product that it easily opened in a Vectric product.
    SO you might try to import it into a Vectric product, and THEN 'export' the file back out again as a .dxf, etc. At that point it might open in PW...

MARTIN
    if you ask whoever you got the ai file from to save it as ai version 6 or 7 ,which is easy to do, you should be ok to open it in pw
    john

We use a lot of Illustrator. Partwizard and Insignia both import v8 versions of Illustrator files (.ai) just fine for us. So you have to save it down, once you do it will work. Otherwise you get that message.

thanks for all the inputi will try all and report results later...but first i have to paint the house first as the wife has put her work order request form.

ok i tried resaving as an eps file from AI and pw said had to many errors. will see original file to see if vectors are open or what not.

i also have a second issue with pw is that when i open the free transform menu, my sliders for the rotate, move, scale and shear options are not showing. is there a view options to expand this menu?